As many of you know, 2007 was an amazing year for buySAFE as we accomplished more than 100% growth for each of the last four quarters. I expect buySAFE to continue to grow at a very fast pace in 2008, and so as you can imagine, that means we are looking to hire very talented people. Specifically, buySAFE is hiring exceptional software developers (see the position description below) and sales executives, but of course, we are always interested in meeting talent across the board.
If you are a VERY smart person that enjoys BIG challenges and wants to work REALLY hard on a talented team to help build a great company, then you and I should probably talk. Similarly, if you know someone that fits that description, please let he or she know that I want to talk to them as well.
Although we hire only a small percentage of the folks that inquire about jobs here at buySAFE, we are constantly looking for the best and the brightest people because it takes the best and brightest to build a great company. If you think you have the entrepreneurial spirit and business/technical skills for buySAFE, send me your resume!
For the software developers… See the position description below, and again, send me your resume!
Have a great New Year’s Eve!
C# and ASP.NET Software Developer for buySAFE, Inc.
buySAFE is looking for a full time software developer who must be a self-starter, who is able to learn and grow with the position, and who is able to work in a dynamic team environment. The candidate must be a strong team player, who can work both within a team and on his or her own. The candidate will be invited to participate in the full software development life cycle, bringing his or her experience to the team.
Major duties include, but are not limited to:
- To develop 3-tier web applications using ASP.NET, C# and SQL Server 2005.
- Communicate with team members to clarify requirements and overcome obstacles to meet the team goals.
- Create and maintain software applications for large distributed .Net solutions.
- Develop cutting edge solutions to maximize performance and expand the scalability and distributed processing capabilities of the system.
- Provide troubleshooting and root cause analysis for production issues.
- Work with agile development teams as it relates to software development, including test driven development, automated unit testing and test fixtures.
- Managing timelines to complete objectives.
Ideal candidate must have 3 or more years of software development experience, preferably in a fast paced web-based engineering environment. Additional requirements include:
- 3 to 6 years of programming web applications using C#, ASP.NET.
- 3 to 6 years of programming experience using SQL.
- Demonstrated experience in developing custom applications involving databases, such as Microsoft SQL Server 2000, via ADO and ADO.Net
- Knowledge of Flash and Actionscript is a plus.
- Nice to have experience with Web Services, SOAP, and XML
- Nice to have background in developing and maintaining classic ASP applications.
- Demonstrated ability to understand, debug, and maintain legacy code application
- Ability to come up to speed quickly by learning the system and business rules
- Ability to work in a dynamic team, with strong interpersonal skills
- Flexible and Adaptable in handling customer tasking and priorities
- Good communication skills
buySAFE is an Arlington, Virginia based company that has built a very unique and robust platform that enables trusted, reliable and virtually risk-free online shopping. buySAFE inspects and certifies online merchants, monitors all of their transactions in real-time and fully guarantees a shopper’s online transaction (up to $25,000 per purchase) via a bond guarantee, backed by our exclusive financial partners — Liberty Mutual, Travelers and ACE. Please see http://www.buysafe.com for additional information on the company.
Compensation is dependent upon level of work experience and skill set.
buySAFE offers a very competitive benefits package, including vacation, sick time, medical/dental/vision coverage, and a retirement plan. Interested candidates should forward a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, if you want to copy me in on your email, I will make sure the appropriate folks at buySAFE see your resume in a timely manner.